A messaging app to chat about things you love and meet new people. Discover who is around you and follow interesting conversations wherever you are.
Get in touch!
• Our website www.hitchapp.co (our site), whether as a guest or a registered user and use of our site includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our site.
• The Hitch mobile application software (App) available on the App Store (App Site), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
• Our Acceptable Use Policy www.hitchapp.co/terms.html, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of the App and our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.hitchapp.co is a site operated by Social Dynamic Limited (We). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09107500 and have our registered office at 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE, United Kingdom.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
CHANGES TO THE APP AND OUR SITE
We may update the App and our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on the App and our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that the App or our site, or any content on them, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING THE APP AND OUR SITE
You must be at least 18 years old to use the App. The use of the App is prohibited if you are less than 18 years old. Any use of Service is void where prohibited. By accessing and using the Service, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Using the Service may be prohibited or restricted in certain countries. You are solely responsible for complying with the laws and regulations of the territory from which you access or use the Service.
We do not carry out any background checks of the users of the App or our site, nor attempt to verify their statements. The Service makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of the users or their compatibility with any current or future users. We do, however, reserve the right to conduct such checks at any time. You confirm that you have never been convicted of, or are subject to court orders related to violence, assault, sexual misconduct, harassment and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity. The Company is not responsible for the conduct of any user. In no event shall the Company, its affiliates or its partners be liable (directly or indirectly) for any losses or damages whatsoever arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Service. You agree to take all necessary precautions in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Service or meet in person, or if you decide to send money to another user. The Service makes no guarantees, express or implied, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet through the App. You should not provide your financial information to other users.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password you designate during the registration process, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. You agree to immediately notify the Company of any disclosure or unauthorized use of your username or password or any other breach of security at email@example.com and ensure that you log out from your account at the end of each session.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on the App or our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the App or our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the App or our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date. You agree that neither the Company not its affiliates and third party partners are responsible for and shall not have any liability, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, as a result of or alleged to be the result of any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted in the Service, whether caused by users or any of the equipment or programming associated with the Service; the timeliness, deletion, removal, incorrect deliver or failure to store any Content; the conduct of any user; any error, omission, defect, interruption, deletion, delay in operation, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to any user to user communications; problems, failure or malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, computer equipment, software, traffic congestion, including injury or damage to users or any other user resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Internet connection with the Service. The Company provides the Service on as available basis and grants no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, with respect to the Service and Content, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. The Company does not represent or warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted or error free, secure or that any defects or errors in the Service will be corrected. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is accessed at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for and hereby waive any and all claims and causes of action with respect to any damage to your device, computer system, internet access, download or display device, or loss or corruption of data that results or may results from download of any such Content. If you do not accept this limitation of liability, you are not authorised to download or obtain any material through the Service.
From time to time, the Company may make third party opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other third party information or content available through the Service. All third party content is the responsibility of the respective authors thereof and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such third party authors are solely responsible for such content. The Company does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, usefulness of any third party content provided through the Service; adopt, endorse, accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made by any party that appears in the Service. Under no circumstances will the Company or its affiliates be responsible or liable for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other Content posted in the Service, or transmitted to or by any user. Any advice that may be posted in the Service is for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute any professional financial, medical, legal or other advice. The Company makes no representations or warranties and expressly disclaims any and all liability concerning any treatment, action by or effect on any person following the information offered or provided within or through the Service. If you have specific concerns or a situation arises in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
The Company and its affiliates, business partners, directors, agents and related services are not responsible in any way for actions undertaken or content submitted by you. We will not be liable to you or any third party person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including, without limitation, loss of profits, loss of goodwill, damages for loss, corruption or breaches of data or programs, service interruptions and procurement of substitute services. We are also not responsible if you do not adhere by the rules set out here or if any action violates any law or infringes the rights of others. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the App or our site, or any content on them, whether express or implied. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the Company’s liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to the Company for the Service while you have an account. You agree that any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the use of the service or the terms of this agreement must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, the App or our site; or
• use of or reliance on any content displayed on the App or our site. If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
• loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
• business interruption;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
• any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide the App or our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the App or our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the App or our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it. We shall not be liable for any other damages, including but not limited to incidental, indirect, direct, general or related to actions taken by its users or anyone related to use of the App or our site. You may not use the Service or any content contained in the Service in connection with any commercial endeavours, such as advertising or soliciting any user to buy or sell any products or services not offered by the Service or soliciting others to attend parties or networking for commercial purposes. You may not use any information obtained from the Service to contact, advertise, solicit or sell to any user of the Service without their prior explicit consent. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to the App or on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO THE APP OR OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to the App or our site, or to make contact with other users of the App or our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy www.hitchapp.co/terms.html. You are solely responsible for the content and information that you post, upload, publish, link to, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available on the Service or transmit to other users, including text messages, chat, videos whether publicly posted or privately transmitted. You may not post as part of the Service, or transmit to the Company or any other user any offensive, inaccurate, incomplete, abusive, obscene, profane, threatening, intimidating, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another person’s rights. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty. Any content you upload to the App or our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You represent and warrant that all information that you submit upon creation of your account, including information submitted from your Facebook account, is accurate and truthful and that you will promptly update any information provided by you that subsequently becomes inaccurate, incomplete or false and you have the right to post the Content on the Service. You agree that the Service may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any Content you post as part of the Service. We may delete any Content, in whole or in part, that in the sole judgement of the Service violates this Agreement or may harm the reputation of the Company. We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the App or our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of the App or our site. We have the right to remove any posting you make on the App or our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy www.hitchapp.co/terms.html. The views expressed by other users on the App or our site do not represent our views or values. You understand and agree that the Company may monitor or review any content you post as part of a Service. The Company may delete any content, in whole or in part, that in the sole judgment of the Company violates this Agreement or may harm the reputation of the Service or the Company.
RIGHTS YOU LICENCE
We do not guarantee that the App or our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the App or our site. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse the App or our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy www.hitchapp.co/terms.html. If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, partners, employees and directors harmless from any loss, liability, claim made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of or failure to comply with this Agreement, any postings or Content you post in the Service, and the violation of any law or regulation by you. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with the Company in connection therewith.
The Company may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to this Agreement, using any reasonable means, including email, SMS, text message or postings in the Service. Such notices may not be received if you violate this Agreement by accessing the Service in an unauthorised manner. You agree that you are deemed to have received any and all notices that would have been delivered had you accessed the Service in an authorised manner.
IN APP PURCHASES
When you are communicating with our customer care representatives, you agree not to be abusive, profane, sexist, offensive, harassing, racially offensive or to not behave inappropriately. If your behaviour is in any way offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account.
This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Service and/or have a Hitch account. You may disable your account at any time by email us at email@example.com. The Company may terminate or suspend your account at any time without notice if the Company believes that you have breached this Agreement, or for any other reason, with or without cause, in its sole discretion. Upon such termination or suspension, you will not be entitled to any refund of unused fees. The Company is not required to disclose the reason for the termination or suspension of your account. After your account is terminated for any reason, all terms of this Agreement survive such termination, and continue in full force and effect, except for any terms that by their nature expire or are fully satisfied.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, information, statements, advertising, goods or services, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. Your correspondence or business dealings with third parties found in or through the Service are solely between you and such third party. You agree that the Company will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused by or in connection with the use of such website or resource.
Hitch is a trademark of Social Dynamic Limited.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
This cookie enables us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognise you when you return to our site.
MODIFICATION OF SERVICE
The Company reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that the Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. The Company reserves the right to block users from certain IP addresses from accessing the Service.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may:
• Access our website www.hitchapp.co (our site)
• Use the Hitch mobile application software (App) available on the App Store (App Site), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
You may use the App and our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the App and our site:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
• To impersonate any person or entity, solicit money from or stalk any users, express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by the Company without our specific prior written consent, use the Service in an illegal manner, access the Service in jurisdiction in which it is illegal or unauthorised, ask users to conceal their identity, source or destination of any illegally gained money or products.
• To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware. You also agree:
• Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: any part of our site; any equipment or network on which our site is stored; any software used in the provision of our site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
• Collect usernames or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited emails or linking to the Service.
• Interfere or disrupt the Service or the servers connected to the Service in any way.
The Company reserves the right to investigate, suspend or terminate your account, if you have misused the Service or behaved in a way the Company regards as inappropriate or unlawful, including actions or communications that occur off the Service but involve users you meet through the Service.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
• Chat rooms.
• Bulletin boards. (interactive services).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them. Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it, including, without limitation, the App. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
• Be accurate (where they state facts).
• Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
• Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
• Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
• Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
• Promote sexually explicit material.
• Promote violence, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind.
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
• Promote any illegal activity.
• Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Provide material that exploits people in sexual, violent or other illegal manner or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
• Be likely to harass, intimidate, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
• Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
• Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
• Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
• Request money or otherwise defraud other users of Service.
• Involve transmission of junk mail, unsolicited mass mailings or spam.
• Contain images or other information of another person without their permission.
• Contain restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images.
• Provide information or data you do not have a right to make available under law or contractual relationships.
• Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or negatively affect other users’ ability to use the Service.
• Solicit personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users.
• Promote commercial activities or sales without prior consent.
Your use of the Service, must comply with all applicable laws and regulations. The Company may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access is reasonably necessary. You agree that any Content you place on the Service may be viewed by other users and may be viewed by any person visiting or participating in the Service.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the App or our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the App or our site.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the App or our site.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate. This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Service. You may terminate your account at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon termination or suspension, you will not be entitled to any refund of unused fees for purchases. The Company is not required to disclose the reason for termination or suspensions of your account.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site or notified to you (either by SMS, email or such other means as deemed appropriate by us).
To contact us, please email email@example.com. Thank you for visiting our site.