A messaging app to chat about things you love and meet new people. Discover who is around you and follow interesting conversations wherever you are.
Get in touch!
Social Dynamic Limited (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
• Our website www.hitchapp.co.
• The Hitch mobile application software (App) available on the App Store (App Site), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
• Any of the services accessible through the App (Services) that are available on the App Site or other sites of ours, including our website www.hitchapp.co (Services Sites).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Social Dynamic Limited of 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Service. When you provide personal information through our Service, the information may be sent to servers located in countries around the world. We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Submitted Information: information that you provide by filling in forms on the App Site and the Services Sites (together our Sites), including the Device's telephone number. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App or any of the Services, subscribing to any of the Services, posting material or requesting further services. When you register to use the Services, you will be asked to sign-in using your telephone number and create an account manually or via Facebook login. If you do so, you authorise us to access certain Facebook account information, including information about your Facebook friends who might be common Facebook friends with other Service users (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook). By allowing us to access your Facebook account, you understand that we may obtain and share your name and profile picture on the App. Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on screens viewable by other users, that information will be available to them and can be collected and used by them. For example, when completing your profile, you include a description message, that message will be available to other users who view your profile. You may also provide us your photos, gender, location and interests. We suggest exercising caution with respect to personal information.
You will also be asked to allow the App to collect your location information from your device when you use the Service. We may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner, such as your name, address, email and telephone number, photos, personal description, gender information, and if you transact with us, financial information. If you chat with other users, you provide us the content of your chats. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Social Dynamic Limited, and when you report a problem with any of our Sites. We use various technologies to collect information about you.
• Information about others: We may collect and display personal information about other people that is available to us through your Facebook login or contact book, such as name and picture of your Facebook friends or contacts.
• Device information: We may collect information about the Device or any computer you may use to download or stream a copy of the App onto your Device, including, where available, the Device's or computer's unique Device identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the Device's telephone number, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. Analytics companies use device IDs to track information about app usage. We may associate Device information with Submitted Information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
• Location information: when you use one of our location-enabled Services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some of these Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Log information: when you use the Services or view content on our Sites, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet service provider (ISP), device ID and type, clickstream data, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and access times, your device’s geographical data while the App is running.
• Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
• Information collected by third-parties: We may allow advertising companies and third parties to display advertisements on the App. These companies may collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. We use pixel tags to measure the popularity of our features and services. Ad companies also use pixel tags to measure the number of ads displayed and their performance.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
DETAILS OF PROCEDURES AND FEATURES
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage and other technology. Certain Services include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use your data information to provide and improve our services, customize services for you, better understand our users, verify your identity, manage your account, perform research, diagnose and fix problems. While the App is in use, your Facebook friends or other contacts may connect you to their other friends based on their established connections. When you register as a user of the App, your profile will be viewable by other users of the Service. Other users, or in the case of sharing features, the individuals or apps with whom the Service user may choose to share you with, will be able to view information you have provided to us directly or through Facebook, such as photos, name, location name, age, personal description and likes. If you like or chat in a topic, other users of the Service will be able to see the content of your message and chat with you. If you start a chat with another person, or other users of the Service start a chat with you, they will be able to see the content of your message and your chats will be viewable in your chat list on the App. Your information may also be used to invite other users by your Facebook friends or contacts, such as name and photo.
We may share your information with third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, supporting contests, surveys and other features offered through our Service. These service providers may have access to information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use this information for other purposes. We may also use your data information, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these by email or telephone. We may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) may contact you by electronic means. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes. Our Service may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device.
Although our Service is a general audience Service, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 13 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 13.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Social Dynamic Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
If you have an account with the Service, you have the ability to review and update your personal information from your profile. If you close your account, we will retain certain information associated with your account for analytical purposes and record keeping, as well as to prevent fraud, take actions to protect the integrity of our Service or our users, or take other actions otherwise permitted by law. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Service because such information may be required in order for you to register as user; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey; ask a question; or initiate other transactions.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.